Here in southern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, we have constructed two blockades on historic farmland in the path of the Atlantic Sunrise. We're gearing up for a large-scale encampment to protect our land, history, and heritage from a billionaire fracked-gas company. And we need your help.
WE STAND WITH THE LAND
We, as local communities, have an inherent right—and duty—to  protect the land, water, and air that give us life, and  ensure the health and safety of our residents.
For three years, we’ve opposed Williams’s plans to run a dangerous, fracked gas, export pipeline through the heart of our communities, using every legal means available to us. Yet our system of government, at all levels, has failed to protect us. As 2017 begins, our resolve is stronger than ever to protect ourselves and this land by ensuring the Atlantic Sunrise Project never gets built.
• We defy a system of government that tells us we can’t protect ourselves from industrial harms because corporations have been given more “rights” than we who live here.
• We defy the gas industry’s plans to subject our families, communities, and natural environment to catastrophic danger for their own corporate profit.
• We defy FERC’s conclusion that the Atlantic Sunrise Project would have “less-than-significant” impacts on our land, water, and communities.
• We pledge to protect our water.
• We pledge to protect our preserved farms.
• We pledge to protect our forests and precious wildlife.
• We pledge to protect our sacred Native American heritage and culture.
• We pledge to protect our Amish neighbors who’ve been targeted and harassed.
• We pledge to protect the future of our children, who must live with the consequences of the actions—or inaction—we take today.
WITH THIS PLEDGE:
We vow to protect our communities through nonviolent Civil Disobedience if FERC gives Williams Gas Company permission to poison our water, clear-cut our forests, steal our farms, bulldoze our Native heritage, and put our families at risk. Along with our financial and material resources, we pledge to put our bodies between the land we love and those seeking to destroy it.
TOGETHER, WE STAND WITH THE LAND.